Our Management Team
We are always looking for compassionate, talented professionals to join the care team at Villa Alamar. Our community offers a beautiful, serene environment shared by our residents and employees, who enjoy a positive and collaborative work environment.
Resident Care Assistant
How would you like to be a part of the one of the fastest growing employment sectors in healthcare? Senior care careers are expected to grow at a rate of 50% in the next 10 years due to the growing number of seniors entering retirement. Villa Alamar is a senior living community, specializing in Memory Care. We are looking for highly motivated, passionate and caring individuals to join our management team.
Villa Alamar is a locally owned Senior Living Community, located in the heart of Santa Barbara, Ca. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a positive and collaborative work environment. You will work in a prestigious facility that has over 20 years of service and dedication to our Senior Community in Santa Barbara.
This position would be for our evening shifts only, 2:30pm-11pm or 2:30pm-8pm. Must be able to work some weekends and holidays.
Supervise overall care of residents and quality control. Supervise all care giving staff in ensuring that dignity, safety and professionalism are at the forefront of our everyday tasks. Be able to take direction and complete tasks in timely manner. Assist in the assessment of resident condition. Assist and train employees in activities of daily living for the resident. These tasks include, but are not limited to, bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, cleaning, toileting, ambulation assistance, laundry, communication, socialization and assisting in life enrichment activities. Be a member of the management team. Inform the Resident Care Director of any changes in each resident. Provide medication administration.Work along side caregivers in providing care for residents as well as guide, re-direct and educate staff on correct policy and procedures. This is a working position, you will be expected to be hands on and provide care for our residents.
- Must possess, at a minimum, a High School education or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR Certification.
- Management experience is highly recommended for this position.
- CNA certificate is preferred, but we will consider experience in similar position with like job responsibilities.
- Must have 1 year of experience as a caregiver in an RCFE or Assisted Living Community, preferably in Memory Care.
- Must have 1 year of Medication Technician experience.
***We are looking for exceptional people to join our team. If you feel you do not meet the above mentioned criteria, but feel you are an exceptional candidate, we encourage you to apply. We will train the right person.
Must possess the ability to follow instructions and to accept constructive feedback.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess the ability to communicate tactfully and calmly with co-workers, residents, family members, visitors and government agencies and personnel, and the general public.
- Must be able to work independently have flexibility, personal integrity, and be willing to incorporate new and creative methods into existing procedures.
- Possess good communication and leadership skills.
- Must possess a high level of maturity and professionalism. Villa Alamar is an equal opportunity employer. Must be able to pass a DOJ Federal Background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
Should you want to be considered for a position,
please stop by the office at 45 E. Alamar
(8:30 am to 5 pm)
to meet us and pick up an application.
We offer competitive pay and great benefits. Most importantly, you can look forward to doing meaningful work in a prestigious facility that has over 20 years of service and dedication to our Senior Community in Santa Barbara.